Friday 4 April 2014

We got there in the end...#teamwork

On  Monday, the last day of March the ominous deadline loomed ahead. I don't really know where the energy came from but the book draft was submitted on time (cheers to herself !). The last few hours before the deadline were fraught. I had a clear desk, but a full head. All those little jobs became laborious tasks which took much longer than a couple of minutes each which was my (unrealistic) estimation. Now I feel like an anxious student as I wait impatiently for the publishers comments. Having recently completed another edited collection (jointly with 4 other people) I am somewhat familiar with the never- ending aspect of editing... just when you think the last i is dotted and t crossed another list of corrections come along. However I am very keen to get these as I am, along with the authors so eager to get this book published as social media and social work is such an exciting area. This weekend I'm toasting the fabulous authors whose quick responses and warm acceptance of my comments and edits contributed to the timely submission of this book. Here's to you - Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment